The Notch Hostel provides overnight accommodations for visitors to the White Mountain region.
UPDATE 5/15/2022: We have filled our positions through November 2022.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Meet Covid policies
- The ideal candidate can make a minimum commitment of May to October. Candidates interested in longer term job commitment beyond October will be given priority.
- Commitment to joining us in providing an anti-racist, trans/queer-friendly, inclusive and loving environment for guests and staff
Here at the Notch we all wear multiple hats throughout the day. We are looking hire to people in all three of the following areas, with the ideal candidate having proficiency in a combination of two or more areas:
- Hospitality management services: Booking software management, bill pay, supply and merchandise inventory and ordering, maintaining files, phone management, meeting scheduling.
- Guest services: Welcome guests when they arrive, process payments, provide hostel tours for new guests. Answer calls and respond to texts from guests and assist them in making reservations. Answer questions about hostel policies/services.
- Shuttling: Drive our 12-passenger van to and from local Appalachian Trail-heads to transport our guests hiking the AT.
- Daily cleaning, laundry and weekly deep cleaning.
- Requires physical ability to climb three flights of stairs multiple times a day carrying laundry
- Our cleaning standards are high; apply to this position if you enjoy cleaning, organizing, and making beds
- Maintenance: Assistance with property management including routine property maintenance, garden and lawn care, trash/recycling disposal, event set up, painting, and snow removal.
- The majority of this position is outside in summer and includes landscaping, gardening, exterior/grounds repair and maintenance, painting, mowing, weed whacking, light chainsawing and pruning, etcetera.
- Light carpentry, gas-powered lawn equipment knowledge is a plus but not required.
Hours: Full-time positions are salaried and require approximately 40 hours per week. Part-time positions are up to 20 hours per week or TBD. Some weeks and months will be busier than others, and hours will fluctuate accordingly. During the work season, two days off in a row per week are guaranteed.
Compensation: Starts at a minimum of $15/hour; more depending on the candidate and length of time commitment.
Vacation: Two months unpaid vacation time are given per year, in April and November.
Housing option: Housing at our hand-built, heated and air-conditioned tiny house is available May – October for one full-time employee. The tiny house has a kitchen, queen bed, and guest bed/couch. Bathroom/shower is located in the main house. This housing option includes 24/7 access to the property, kitchens, food storage areas, shower/bathroom facilities, gardens and grounds, as well as overnight guest privileges. A large, double-burner Coleman stove is provided, as well as a water cooler. Rent is equivalent to 12 hours of work per week and includes electric, wifi, heat, air conditioning, water, trash disposal, plowing, parking, mail access, and laundry.
Please note: The hours/pay for this position are subject to change based on the ongoing pandemic’s affect on our business (i.e. another shutdown, etc.). Unemployment support is available should this be the case.
Email resume and cover letter to Serena@NotchHostel.com to apply.