All rooms include full access to entire property, including use of wifi, kitchens, living room, fireplace, and grounds. See all amenities.
Shared room. Sleeps 7 people. 3rd floor. This room used to be a crash pad for the workmen who built Loon Mountain ski resort. Before that it was part of a barn that was later redone and connected to the main house.
Bunk room. Sleeps 5 people. 3rd floor. Overlooks a beautiful rare chestnut tree in the front yard. Moosilauke Brook can be heard from the window.
Bunk room. Sleeps 5 people. 3rd floor. Overlooks a line of spruce trees that were once tiny saplings growing along the banks of the Pemigewasset River, transplanted here many years ago. Beyond the trees, Kinsman Ridge looms in the distance.
Bunk room. Sleeps 8 people. 1st floor. Has its own deck where you can enjoy your coffee in the morning and watch the many birds that frequent the hostel.
Private, sleeps two people. Full-size bed. Perfect for couples. 2nd floor. You can hear Moosilauke Brook babbling (and sometimes rushing!) from across the street. Minimum 2-night stay on weekends if booking more than 8 days in advance. 11 am check-out. 2-person max.
Deluxe private room with private entrance (summer only), en suite bathroom, cozy living room, private deck (summer only) with lovely view of the backyard and gardens. Queen bed, full size futon. Perfect for couples or a family. 11 am check-out.
No dogs. Minimum 2-night stay on weekends if booking more than 8 days in advance. Note: There are two futons in this room, but one of them is a small love seat, only big enough for a small child to sleep on. The other is a full-size futon, suitable for one person or a couple.
Please note: If you have a sleep condition (snore, sleep apnea) that may disturb others, you are REQUIRED to book a private room.
Groups: Book the hostel for your next group adventure! A group as large as 15 can book online — for larger groups or to rent out the entire place, contact us directly.
Prices fluctuate based on season and day — do a sample booking using “Book Now” button to check current rates.
Shared rooms (bunk and twin beds): $29.95
Carter room (private, double bed): Starts at $59.95
Crawford room (private, queen bed, living room, bath): Starts at $89.95. Price based on double occupancy. Additional $15 for each extra person, to be charged upon arrival. When you book online, please specify in the “Comments” section if you will be bringing more than two guests and/or require use of the futon(s) so we can prepare additional bedding.
Check-in and check-out
Check-in hours are 4-9 pm. Check-out is 11 am.
Contact us if you need to check in early or late so we can provide you with the necessary info to get inside and find your room.
We are dog-friendly and welcome dogs at the Notch! Dog guests are $5/dog/night, you MUST call ahead to reserve as we have a max allowance of 2 dogs per night at the hostel. When you book online, please note in the Comments section that you are bringing a dog. You must also call or email us directly using the Contact Us form to reserve a space for your dog.
- Pinkham Room (shared bunk room, first floor).
- We can accommodate up to two dogs per night. Please email us using the Contact Us form before booking to reserve a space for your dog.
- Carter room (small private)
- We have a large open crate and comfy dog bed that you can use if staying with your dog in the Pinkham Room. If you have a lively dog, crating him/her at bedtime may help other guests feel more comfortable sharing a room with your dog (and prevents dogs from visiting guests on other bottom bunks in the middle of the night! 🙂 ).
- Please leash your dog while in the hostel. Most of our guests so far have loved dogs, but some people are allergic or nervous around them, so we appreciate you keeping your dog by your side when in communal areas.
- Absolutely no dogs on beds or furniture.
- Scoop the poop! We have a pooper scooper and bucket that you can use during your stay.
- If you leave the hostel, please bring your dog with you
- Owners responsible for any damage caused by their dog
- Dogs who are unsafe or create chronic disturbance will be asked to stay outside (summer) or leave (winter).
This is a great place to meet people and make friends. Please be respectful and kind toward other guests.
Please respect quiet hours from 10 pm – 7 am
Please drink responsibly. Beer and wine in moderation is OK. No hard alcohol.
Minors must be accompanied by an adult. Adults travelling with children under 8, please book a private room or a private bunk room. Families frequently rent out one of our smaller, 5-person bunk rooms for their clan — simply book 5 beds online, and note in the Comments Section that you are a family reserving a private bunk room.
Shared Rooms: Cancellations must be made 3 days (72 hours) before check-in.
Private Rooms: Cancellations must be made 7 days before check-in.
Groups of 6 or more: Cancellations must be made 14 days before check-in.
Groups of 12 or more: Contact hostel directly by emailing Serena@NotchHostel.com or calling 603 348 1483 to reserve. 30% non-refundable deposit due at time of reservation. Remaining balance due at time of check out. Cancellations must be made within 30 days of reservation date.
All cancellations made without appropriate notice charged 30% of total reservation cost.
Cancellations within 24 hours of check-in will be charged the greater of EITHER 30% total reservation cost OR 100% of first night cost.